Location: HQ - San Mateo, California, United States
A bit about Scalyr
Scalyr’s mission is to build the best tool for engineers to understand their operational systems. Our CEO, Steve Newman, cofounded Writely (aka Google Docs). Frustrated by the fact that visibility tools – even Google’s in-house tools – weren’t keeping up, Steve started Scalyr to create a better solution. It’s lightning fast, feature-rich and customers love it. The opportunity in front of us is huge and we are still in the very early days. This is going to be one of those companies where people will look back and say “I wish I’d been there when…” well, this is your chance to be part of “when”.
You will help Scalyr make its mark as one of the fastest-growing B2B companies around. Getting the word out about Scalyr is the name of the game in this job. Our customers love us and you can help the rest of the market take advantage of Scalyr’s technology. As a critical, foundational member of the sales team, your goal will be to help shape and execute the go to market plan.
We’re looking for someone to join our team who:
- Loves technology and sincerely enjoys talking about new innovations.
- Your number one goal will be to introduce Scalyr to engineers
- Outreach campaigns, tradeshows, and managing our inbound leads will be just a few of the tools used to grow the business.
Scalyr – and your hiring manager – are committed to understanding your particular career aspirations and providing you with the professional development and career mentorship to help you get to and stay at the top of your game – not just as a Sales Development Rep, but in sales generally, as well as overall professionally. Our goal is to give you an excellent experience – one on which you look back later as having been where you were best supported, received great mentorship and coaching, grew the most, and did your best work.
Our customers are highly technical (software and DevOps engineers, CTOs, etc.), so you should be familiar with these personas and be able to communicate with them in a way that is trustworthy and authentic, even if you don’t know (yet) all of the technical terms they use. You should have major hustle and creativity in both tracking down prospects proactively and responding quickly to inbound prospects’ requests. You should not sound sales-y, but instead seek to deliver an accurate message in a credible way, answer the questions you can and track down those you don’t, pull qualified prospects into our sales funnel, and – whether they want to buy our product or not – ensure that their experience with Scalyr is a positive one that earns their trust.
Your specific requirements:
- Proven excellence in building sales pipeline in a highly technical field
- The chops and confidence to sell to engineers
- A strong understanding of a typical sales cycle and how to manage through its stages
- Facility with sales tools like DiscoverOrg, Outreach.io, Hubspot, Salesforce, or similar
- Incredible listening skills, and the ability to learn on the fly, recognize changes, and convey findings
- Ambitious experience or spirit. Started your own business? Know how to fail fast and learn? Love learning something new every day? Awesome
- Tons of empathy – you need to come as close to walking in our customers’ shoes as possible
- You have phenomenal phone and writing skills, and are enthusiastic without being cheesy
- You’re super collaborative
- You have a great sense of humor
- Competitive salary & equity at a fast growing startup
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Free lunch
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacations
- Paid parental leave
- Easygoing, low-stress, considerate and fun office environment
- Whatever equipment you need to get the job done
Our commitment to diversity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Apply to this position